COVID-19 RACE UPDATE
We know this time is challenging and trying for all of us as we continue to shelter-in-place through the end of April. We hope all of you are doing well, are staying safe and healthy. As of now, the Rock Tahoe Half Marathon is still set to run on June 20, however, we are very much in a wait and see situation and may not have a definitive answer for several weeks. As a result, we have temporarily closed race registration.
While we have been receiving a ton of support and encouragement to continue with the race (if safe and permissible), we are also hearing more concerns about travel, rescheduled races/events that now conflicting with Rock Tahoe, financial constraints, or just not feeling comfortable attending in person anymore. To help alleviate some stress for you we have put together the following options available for all racers to choose from.
1. Free Bib Transfer -- you can transfer your bib to another runner for free. We are also extending the deadline to Sunday, May 3rd. Click here for information on how to complete a transfer.
2. Rock Tahoe’s Social Distancing Race (aka a Virtual Race) -- You may select to compete virtually, wherever you are, and we will mail you your bib, race shirt, and medal. Complete your half marathon between June 20 and July 20, 2020, and upload your results to the leaderboard. You must complete the challenge in order to receive your bib/shirt/medal. To change your registration to this option, please follow the instructions below to edit your registration.
*Note: Once you’ve selected this option, you will not be able to change to in-person attendance. On-site pickup options will be TBD. Further details on how to complete the virtual race will be emailed to you. You may select this option until May 20, 2020.
3. Donate your entry fee to our non-profit partner, Athletes United. Athletes United helps support many youth organizations throughout the South Lake Tahoe community and has donated over $50,000 to community organizations over the past few years. If you select this option, your donation is tax-deductible, and receipts will be issued bi-weekly. To change your registration to this option, please follow the instructions below to edit your registration.
4. Do nothing and plan to attend Rock Tahoe as usual for the packet pick-up on Friday, June 19 and race on Saturday June 20!
If you would like to select either option 2 or 3, please follow the instructions below to edit your registration:
1. Go to your participant dashboard – if you do not see your Rock Tahoe Half Marathon Registration please scroll down to the claim section of your dashboard and click “CLAIM” next to Rock Tahoe Half Marathon
2. Click "View Dashboard" on the 2020 Rock Tahoe Half Marathon icon
3. Click on the "Edit Registration" button on the far right of the page
4. Indicate your answer from the drop down menu under “Alternative registration options"
5. Click "SAVE" to submit your selection
Again, we hope to be able to see as many of you as possible in person. We also understand if you can’t attend and hope these options allow you a little flexibility. Please refer to our FAQs page for more information on these options. We will continue to update you as we can and we appreciate all of your words of encouragement and support!
Stay safe and healthy!
Jess & Jason